hi everyone! I hope to make Sunday discussions a “thing” but I’m also pretty useless at being organised over these last two months that it might not actually happen but we will see.
today I thought we could chat about arcs, all the good stuff, the bad stuff and everything in-between! 🙂
I GET JEALOUS
I do, I just can’t help it! I get major arc envy when I see someone reading a book that I would love to get an arc of (children of blood and bone currently….), and I can’t help but them compare my blog to theres WHICH IS NOT THE THING TO DO. I need to stop comparing myself to others and love my blog and all it’s content regardless of if I get an arc for something or not.
I have to admit, netgalley is my life line when it comes to e-arcs and I would be lost without the website, edelweiss is a total different kettle of fish (lol) because I don’t really understand the whole website AND I HAVE BEEN ON THERE FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS AND HAVE ONLY GOTTEN 2. someone please show me your ways on edelweiss and help meeeee 🙁
I think I’m slowly learning that getting arcs or not getting them doesn’t make my blog worthless, I love my little blog and every single little follower I have on here!
THEY ARE STRESSFUL
they really are, or at least I find them stressful, you should see my notes on my phone they are a list of arcs from netgalley and when they are published and usually im so behind and I get so stressed because I always like to post my review a few days before so if you are not sure if its for you when you look at reviews mine will be up there weather its bad or good!
- you get to promote the book and the author and get there book on other people’s radars and it’s a lovely feeling isn’t it?
- most of the arcs i actually have gotten have all been e-arcs which means I can pretty much read them wherever I want, I can read them while I’m in the bath, while I’m at work you name it 🙂
- requesting e-arcs is actually pretty easy, netgalley is my saviour for requesting arcs and a lot less daunting that requesting from a publisher which I find really difficult and never know what to say.
- thanks to netgalley and edelweiss you don’t have to have a huge following to get an arc which is a lovely feeling for little blogs like mine!
- YOU GET TO READ A FREE BOOK AND HOPEFULLY ITS AWESOME AND EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED???? 🙂 🙂 🙂
- as per my first point, you get jealous, it happens more often than not sadly and it does put you in a bit of a downer.
- you compare yourself to others that have received arcs and you haven’t, wondering what’s different and all that stuff.
- I’ve seen arcs being sold recently??? like what are those people even doing? don’t they realise that they will make it harder for bloggers to actually get arcs if they continue to do this!!
- its can be incredibly stressful.
So basically, I have a big love/hate relationship with ARC’s and I’ll probably have one for a long time but I’m working on the self love and all that good stuff 🙂
I’d love to hear your opinion or ARC’s, do you love them or hate them? Do you have similar thoughts/insecurities as me? 🙂